Pages:  1  2    4  ..  489
Author: Subject: PS3 full info !
Kraken
Super Moderator

Mood: Wood

[*] posted on 22.5.2005 at 12:10

Evo ga jso jedan intervju-posebno je interesantno vezano za demo Getaway-a:
Masayuki Chatani (SCEI CTO) interview:

Q. You must have a good reason to add 2 HDMI transmitters, what usage do you expect for dual HDMI?

A. It's purely because we wanted to add them. Since multi display expands gaming like a horizontally wide dual display or an extended game screen, we've wanted to add it at any cost. You don't have to connect 2 HDTVs, a small sub-display is enough.

Q. Does HDMI contain S/PDIFx6?

A. Yes it's totally compliant to the HDMI spec and audio output is assigned to it.

Q. This is related to the OS too, when you have a communication tool (such as IM) in the firmware and play games talking with your buddies by the same tool, can you use a sub-display even in games that don't support dual display?

A. Yes. A communication tool is embedded in the firmware of course. You want to communicate while gaming, don't you? You can popup a chat window in the main screen or in the sub screen.

You know PSP has much more functions in the OS than PS2 does. Likewise, the PS3 system will be extended and evolved one, in which a communication tool via internet is included.

Q. Judging from the message that you recommend PS3 as a digital media center, it's very natural, in a sense, that it has an SD card slot. But in a Sony-branded product as a default feature? It's unprecedent, isn't it?

A. To begin with we expect use with a digital camera as you can see from the fact that it has a CF slot too. Also, SD card is in many devices including mobile phones. Users will be annoyed if media have to be converted except for memsticks. Of course you want to put save data in all media types, don't you?

Q. I can see you need those 3 slots to support digital cameras, but is it possible to put music purchased via EMD onto an SD card by this SD slot?

A. It's dependent on DRM rather than on the slot types. If you need Magic Gate, you have to use a memstick. All media types including memstick are equivalent except for such aspects.

Q. In the spec sheet it has remote-control via IP network, what kind of usage is expected?

A. Controlling a game via IP, or controlling PS3 via an IP-based remote controller.

Q. It's supposed to play BD-ROM video format, is it implemented on sale?

A. Yes of course. The video application format is not finalized but almost done and HD video decoding is very easy for us. Interactive functions will also be implemented in software, just after it's finalized.

Q. The published PS3 diagram doesn't contain a sound chip.

A. This time it has no sound chip because Cell can generate all sounds. In the leaf demo in the event we create sound data by running a code to simulate sound of a leaf in a wind then assign it to 5.1 channels to synthesize surround sound. CELL has abundant processing power and can do sound processing with ease so it doesn't need a dedicated chip to create a sound wave in the DSP style.

Q. Gigabit Ethernet connectors are listed as In x 1 + Out x 2, what does it mean? Does it have router function and are they for WAN/LAN? Or do you use a special connection to connect multiple PS3s together?

A. It has no router function. It's supposed to be a switching hub internally, but I don't know about the meaning of In/Out frankly so will answer about it at the next opportunity. Of course you can connect PS3s together. After it's on sale, some will make a supercomputer by connecting many PS3s. Apparently Sony Picture Entertainment is considering to use PS3 in a rendering farm for movies.

Q. For the connectors or the design, it looks very AV-oriented. It's based on the PS2 design and just rounded, but when put horizontally it has the atmosphere of B&O (Bang & Olufsen) in the top-loading era. Is it strongly meant as one of AV products?

A. When TVs in home get HD, we recognize PS3 as the standard in HD era. Thus we made it to be able to play all 12cm-disc formats.

Q. Considering power of CELL and GPU, the case size, and the internal power unit, it seems tough to manage heat. How is the noise?

A. Since quietness is very important, our hardware team is trying to make it as quiet as possible. Of course it has all power-saving efforts in the chip-level. Though it's not compared with PS2 yet, I'd like to make it more quiet in the final product.

Q. The demo in the press conference suggested the possibility that physics simulation can change games. Though it has the aspect that it's done to utilize the idiosyncrasy of CELL, I think whether PS3 can be an attractive game console is dependent on how it can achieve in this area.

A. In PS3, in addition to full HD output, rendering quality per se is very high. But more high-def and more real it gets, more wierd it's felt when it animates with a strange manner that's not experienced in a real life. For example it's very uncomfortable if skin contours don't change naturally when facial expression is changed in rendering a face where even cutaneous sensasion is conveyed.

It's only an example, but on all occasions we have to actualize natural animation proportionally to the improvement in graphics. In games it backfires if graphics improves while AI/simulation stays the same.

Q. To which part of physics simulation does parallel processing by 7 SPEs contribute?

A. So far, a simulation code in games had handled an in-game character as one rigid body. From now on more soft things such as human, plants and fluid can be represented more naturally. When you represent one character, you can generate natural animation and natural facial expression by spliting it into multiple parts and calculating them separately.

Likewise in a car-race game each part can have a different behavior calculation. For example, how a car moves when left and right wheels are on different kinds of surface can be solved by calculating behavior of each part.

Q. Physics simulation includes such games as Gran Turismo such as simulation precision per se is connected to the value of the game and games where it's used as an assistant. How easy will it be for developers to use physics simulation as a tool?

A. Of course there'll be a vendor that can implement and tune simulation code. It always surprises us, entertainment software developers have very high skill. No matter how difficult some processing seems, they come up with a very fast code. One point is to supply a tuning tool to make use of their skill.

Another point is, since there are middlewares for physics simulation, it can be easily implemented with them. In the case of PS2 it had taken some time until they got usable, but this time Havok and others are already in. For example, automatic generation of natural terrain or cloth simulation code are supplied.

Q. Is the PS3 development environment different from that of PS2?

A. Basically it doesn't change very much. The target hardware, the regular development environment, and tools. The difference is Cg compiler and tools, OpenGL/ES support by the change to nVIDIA.

Q. Is it the same kind of approach in performance tuning?

A. Since we have performance analyzer tools for cache usage and bus usage that game developers have evaluated so far, we extend them further. We concentrate on tools to extract programmers power. Also, CELL has the function to emit processor usage statistics as a log. By using this, you can know detailed usage statistics of each core in CELL.

Q. In regard to PS3, because there are small number of devkits are supplied, I hear 2 kinds of opinions, some expect it'd be hard to extract performance and others are surprised as they can extract performance very easily in an actual development. How is it in the real development scene?

A. To be honest, since it has so much margin in performance, we've heard no such feedback that it's difficult to develop on it. It's different from single-core programming naturally, but it doesn't add to man hours required for game development that much. I repeat it but entertainment programmers have tremendous ability.

For example we showed the demo that renders London City, it's not rendered in the GPU but the CELL does lighting and texture processing then outputs it to the frame buffer. Even without GPU, only CELL can create good enough 3D graphics.

Q. A few years ago it seemed you were lost for how you use CELL in augmenting entertainment factors. Have you found the answer?

A. As I told you here, physics calculation, simulation, and AI. Better graphics gets, more often you see unnaturalness. To extract reality that matches graphics quality, programming abstract animation is not enough already. CELL exists to represent the worldview closer to nature. In future, expression in games will evolve into the different level from until now.
Kraken
Super Moderator

[*] posted on 22.5.2005 at 12:46

Evo izjave direktora Factor5 koji potvrdjuje glasinu koju sam postovao da su neki timovi odustali od pravljenja igara za xbox360 nakon sto su videli sta cell moze:
"The choice boiled down to performance, Eggebrecht said at E3 in Los Angeles. His company has worked with Microsoft's Xbox 360, but found PlayStation 3's 3.2GHz Cell chip offered more processing power. The additional performance allows the gang at Factor 5 to more EASILY simulate the real world for a better game experience, he said."
Mada i njegov govor u okviru PS3 prezentavije se bazirao na odusevljenju cell procesorom i kako nista drugo sto su od nextgen masina videli ne moze da mu parira, tako da ova izjava nije neocekivana.

Sta vise, izgleda da ce ovaj put priblizavanje pc-ja grafici ps3 igara trajati mnogo duze nego kod ps2 jer za pc jos uvek ni ne postoje planovi da izadje nesto kao cell vec se tek ocekuju dual-core procesori koji su po arhitekturi slicni xbox360.
Kraken
Super Moderator

[*] posted on 22.5.2005 at 22:51

Quote:
Originally posted by ZICO
Meni je najgluplje od svega sto su forumi puni glupih komentara tipa kako nijedan trailer (a pogotovo killzone) prikazan na E3 nije ingame, vec da su to sve nekakve CG animacije.
Pa zar ti ljudi ne mogu da shvate da nisu oni pravili PS3, vec Sony, Toshiba, IBM i nVIDIA i to preko 4 godine! Valjda oni znaju sta su radili. Najinteresantnije je da je Cell procesor POTPUNO nov- i nikada vidjen do sada, RSX- isto, pa onda razne nove turbo memorije itd. I onda dodje neki pametnjakovic, i kaze "ma sony sere, ti traileri su prevara, JA znam sta cell moze a sta ne".

"Ljudska pamet je ogranicena, ali je zato ljudska glupost beskonacna"

[Edited on 22.5.2005 by ZICO]

MS je narucio svoj procesor od IBM-a i IBM je tu narudzbenicu ispunio dok je CELL razvijan za potrebe IBM-a, SONY-ja i Toshiba-e. Zato IBM i ne krije koliko se ponosi cell-om dok ih za xbox360 procesor generalno boli ####. Niko nije ni svestan koliki je cell pomak jer nikada nije ni doslo do takve saradnje u proizvodnji procesora.
Evo linka ka uporednim specifikacijama xbox-a i ps3 :
http://hardware.gamespot.com/Story-ST-15015-1985-4-4-x
ali ono sto ih najvise razdvaja je neverovatna sirova moc cell-a koja ce se tek videtii kako pocnu da se pojavljuju igrivi demoi (ocekujem vec u septembru na Tokyo Show-u)
Realno cell je ono zbog cega se sve vise razvojnih timova i okrece ka ps3- nevidjena snaga kombinovana sa jednostavnim programiranjem (hvala Bogu pa je sony batalio VU i presao na C++ ili mislim da niko ne bi ni pogledao ps3*grin*) dok za sam GPU mislim da ce biti dosta izjednaceni a memorija tako-tako (jeste xdr bolji ali ne toliko da bi se u realnom radu primetilo poboljsanje koje bi mnogo impresioniralo).

[Edited on 22-5-2005 by Kraken]
Kraken
Super Moderator

[*] posted on 23.5.2005 at 10:58

Quote:
Originally posted by Ivke
Ma sta vam je ljudi, i PS1 i PS2 podrzavaju misa pa zasto ga onda ne bi podrzavao i PS3?

Tacno, ali trenutni mis je potpuno nepraktican- jedan jedini tip (a ne odgovara svima isti mis i iste velicine), tesko ga je naci (kao i tastaturu uostalom) i optimizacija za trenutne igre uglavnom nije na nekom nivou dok se nadam da ce kod ps3 biti ovo izmenjeno.

A evo ga jos jedan intervju, ovaj put sa Kutaragijem gde se on kao i obicno razmahao ali ima veoma interesantnih delova (npr. poboljsavanje izgleda dvd sadrzaja na PS3 a samim tim i ps2 sto govori o necem slicnom kao sto je radjeno sa ps1 igrama na ps2):
http://www.psinext.com/index.php?categoryid=17&m_articles_artic...

I slika slota za HDD kod PS3:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/ender3/Ender3%20album/74.jpg
Kraken
Super Moderator

[*] posted on 23.5.2005 at 14:10

Interesantna stvar na G4- i pored toga sto je na MS konferenciji receno da ce DOA4 biti xbox exluziva, Itakagi je za G4 rekao da nije siguran da ce DOA4 biti xbox only :)

A na http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200407/N04.0727.1752.42649.h... ima jos jedan intervju u kojem nije nesto mnogo odredjeniji da je DOA4 xbox exluziva

GI: … After you’re done with this are you onto DOA 4, or I’m assuming that DOA 4’s already in development by another team? And will that be on Xbox, or is it something that you’re looking for next gen?

Itagaki: DOA 4 is already in production, and it is for the next generation platform.

GI: Could it go multiplatform this time around?

Itagaki: Well the next generation platform that I haven’t seen, or as far as I’m concerned it doesn’t exist in this world. I can’t comment on, therefore, I don’t know. …

GI: Would you use the same kind of philosophy you did this time because you went with Xbox because of the power? Would you go with the most powerful system?

Itagaki: My gut feeling is that, yeah previously when Xbox came out, you know, the difference between other systems was great, was like maybe five times the power or however you interpret it. But I have a feeling that next generation platform is not going to have such a big difference.
Dark Ride

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 23.5.2005 at 15:04

Ne znam da li je neko od vec spomenuo da je protekle sedmice bilo novosti oko Blu-Ray Disc-ova.

Naime, TDK je objavio (na TDK exhibition u Tokyo) da novi Blu-Ray disc koji ima 4 layer-a a ne kao do sada dva i koji moze da se snima na duplo vecoj brzini nego do sada, na 72 megabits u sekundi.

Sto to konkrento znaci ? Pa, to znaci da je kapacitet Blu-Ray discova podignut sa 50 GB (2 layer-a po 25 GB) na nevjerovatnih 100 GB (4 layer-a po 25 GB) i da je brzina snimanja udvostrucena.

Takav napredak u kapacitetu Blu-Ray discova se nije ocekivao prije 2007 godine.

PlayStation 3, koji ce koristiti Blu-Ray discove kao glavni medij, ce tu tehnologiju vjerovatno maksimalno iskoristiti.

Za kucnu upotrebu su novi stogigabajtni blu-ray discovi malo neprakticni.Kao prvo, snimanje jednog BR disca od 100 GB bi trajalo oko 3 sata.A druga stvar je cijena.Blu-Ray discovi su prilicno skupi i naravno odgovarajuci snimaci takodje.

Jos jedna stvar koja zabrinjava jeste da su novi blu-ray discovi osjetljiviji na ogrebotine i ostala ostecenja, nego obicni CD/DVD.

Nadam se da ce se ova tehnologija razviti brzo i da ce cijene biti pristupacnije u buducnosti i da se brzina snimanja naravno poveca.

Ako nekoga interesuju detalji preporucujem ovu stranicu (na engleskom): PCWorld

A evo i kako izgleda jedan TDK Blu-Ray disc od 100 GB:

Kraken
Super Moderator

[*] posted on 23.5.2005 at 23:27

Vest sam prvo pokupio na http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000053044312/ gde naslov glasi "Samsung’s in the 90nm 512Mb XDR RAM slot of the PS3" a tekst "Samsung has won a seat inside the Sony Playstation 3 with the first 90nm 512 Megabit XDR chips. XDR stands for Extreme Data Rate (which should really be EDR, but X looks better in an acronym), which in turn stands for hot and fast memory for multimedia applications. At transmission speeds up to 9.6GB per second, these chips will fly about 12 times faster than DDR400 memory. They’re especially designed to handle maximum performance for applications requiring advanced imaging and 3D graphics. As a general rule, we approve of maximum performance." tako da sam po tom tekstu i doneo zakljucak a ovaj gore link sam postovao jer mi je bio blizi :) Bilo kako bilo, ko radi taj i gresi :)
To driver:
Na gamespotu http://hardware.gamespot.com/Story-ST-15016-1985-x-x-x se porede konzole i za specifikaciju xbox360 stoji "22.4 GB/s main memory bandwidth, 256 GB/s to eDRAM, 21.6 GB/s FSB" sto je MS i objavio za svoju konzolu jos pre E3. MS pokusava da se lupetanjem koje je poceo od 1TFlops-a (mada i ono sony-jevo od 2.18TFlops-a je zesce lupetanje :) a zavrsio kako je razlog za ocajne performanse na E3 kriv alpha dev.kit (ako 6 meseci pre pocetka prodaje nemaju stabilan prototip konzole onda bi xbox360 morali da odgode za minimum 3 meseca od novembra) i plasiranjem majorovih gluposti na IGN-u koji nije toliko subjektivan koliko im se autori ne razumeju u svoj posao pa im nekoliko tabela deluje vise nego verodostojno.
MS se nada da ce PS3 imati ogromnu cenu ali ono sto dobar deo ljudi ne kapira je da sony nije razvijao cell cip samo za ps3 vec i za hiljade radnih stanica kao i za ibm i toshibu, da ce sam proizvoditi 90% konzole, da drzi dobar deo patenata koje je primenio u svojoj konzoli kao i da ce svaki film koji bude napravljen na BD disku doneti sony-ju nekoliko dolara pa im se itekeko isplati da se ps3 prodaje i da se tako izgura dvd.
Za razliku od njih MS je narucio svoj cip tako da se IBM nesto nije mnogo lomatao, dobar deo patenata mora da placa kao i proizvodnju jer prakticno hardversko odeljenje u MS-u ni ne postoji a jedina prednost u vidu direct X je sony odstranio primenom Open GL-a.
Realno, ps2 je bio konzola sa preteskim programiranjem za koju je bilo potrebno 5 godina da pokaze svoju punu snagu pa se opet prodala u 80 miliona konzola. Kada vidim sta ps3 ima da ponudi ne samo u polju hardvera vec i priblizavanju softvera programerima bice veoma interesantno za videti koji ce se sve naslovi pojaviti za ps3 i koliko ce ljudi preci sa pc-ja i po prvi put kupiti konzolu.
Zico
Helghast Assassin

Mood: Good

[*] posted on 24.5.2005 at 00:48

Evo jednog linka, od. vesti u kojoj glavni Sony-baja za ameriku objasnjava, da je sasvim moguce da PS3 ima worldwide premijeru!

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=59221

[Edited on 13.2.2009 by Zico]

"BUILDING THE FUTURE AND KEEPING THE PAST ALIVE ARE ONE AND THE SAME THING"

HIDEO KOJIMA
Kraken
Super Moderator

[*] posted on 24.5.2005 at 00:57

Izgleda da Resi5 i SH5 izlaze za ps3, ali makar je sigurno da izlaze za nextgen platforme:
http://s6.invisionfree.com/Residents_Of_Evil/index.php?s=cec7254e2c...
http://s6.invisionfree.com/Residents_Of_Evil/index.php?showtopic=11... src="./images/smilies/yes.gif" style="border:none" alt=":yes:" />

[Edited on 24-5-2005 by Kraken]
Kraken
Super Moderator

[*] posted on 24.5.2005 at 15:19

Quote:
Originally posted by Vampir
Gledao sam taj KillerZone demo i sta da se kaze OUT OF THIS WORLD!!! Konacno smo docekali animaciju u igrama da bude bas kako neki animirani filmovi (FF, Toy Soty....). I plus, ovoj je first generation igra. Zamislite samo kakve cu da budu druge igre kao: MGS4, silent Hill, RES Evil... Od iduceg meseca skupljam pare za ovaj monster od konzole.

Mislim da nece biti tolika muka skupiti pare za konzolu koliko za ekran koji ce podrzavati native PS3 rezoluciju od 2X1 Mpixela a kojih trenutno gotovo i da nema na trzistu.
Inace evo liste potvrdjenih naslova (za sada) za ps3:

2 Days to Vegas
Alan Wake
Condemned: Criminal Orig
Dark Sector
Darkness
Demonik
Devil May Cry 4
Dirty Harry (working tit
Eyedentify
Fifth Phantom Saga
Fight Night Round 3
Formula 1
Full Auto
Getaway 3 (working title
Gran Theft Auto 4
Gran Turismo 5 (Vision)
Gundam World
Heavenly Sword
I-8
Killing Day
Killzone 2
King Kong
Madden NFL Next Gen (wor
Metal Gear Solid 4
MotorStorm
Ni-Oh
Possession
Project Delta
Scarface: The World is Y
Secret Service
ShadowClan
Splinter Cell 4
Stranglehold
Tekken 6
Test Drive Unlimited
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon
Untitled John McTiernan
Untitled Western Shooter
Warhawk
faka
Lv. 99 Dragon Slayer

Mood: 1110110100010101!

[*] posted on 24.5.2005 at 19:43

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=PS3 :)

I'm going to get a PS3

[Edited on 24-5-2005 by faka]

In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away
Kraken
Super Moderator

[*] posted on 24.5.2005 at 22:44

Vest sa gamespota vezana za cenu PS3 za koju izgleda da ce biti kao i PS2 (a i ko ocekuje drugacije ne zna nista o trzisnoj ekonomiji :):
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/05/24/news_6126410.html

PS3 to have same launch price as PS2?
Report says Sony will price the PS3 under 40,000 yen, raising speculation that it might launch at the same price as its previous two consoles.

Last week, the Mainichi Daily News quoted Sony Computer Entertainment officials as saying the PlayStation 3 would be priced at under 50,000 yen ($465.58). Now it appears that the console may be even cheaper when it goes on sale next year.

Today, Japanese Web site Impress PC Watch reported that SCE has told its business partners that the PS3 will be under 40,000 yen ($370) at launch. The news has spurred speculation that the company might launch the machine with the same price it set for the PlayStation and PlayStation 2. Both machines were priced at 39,800 yen ($368) when they launched in 1994 and 2000, respectively.

Sony's PS3 will be competing with Microsoft's Xbox 360 and Nintendo's Revolution in the next-generation console wars. When it launched in Japan in 2002, Microsoft's current-generation Xbox was priced at 34,800 yen ($322). The company has been shaving down the console's cost since then, and it currently sells at 17,640 yen ($163).

Nintendo's GameCube made its debut in 2001 at 25,000 yen ($231)--the lowest launch price of the three current-generation home consoles. The GameCube continues to be the lowest priced console on the market, currently marked down to 14,000 yen ($130). Nintendo has never priced any of its past consoles higher than 25,000 yen at launch, which could well be the same case for the Revolution. During E3, Nintendo president Satoru Iwata stated that he hopes to "keep the Revolution at a price range that anyone can reach out for, and nothing as high as 50,000 yen ($463)."
driver
EmuGlx Legend

Mood: BRRRRRRRRRM

[*] posted on 25.5.2005 at 00:34

pazite ovo...

"Users will be able to store their content in an online storage server called the 'Cell Storage'. And the Cell processor, when it's not being used, can refine the content's quality. We call it the 'aging' process. For example, users can 'age' their Standard Definition (SD) video and up-convert it to High Definition (HD) video. We have many plans [for the PS3], but this 'Cell Storage' service is something that we definitely intend to launch. By using the Cell's security feature, users will be able to rip DVDs that include copyright protection, and lay it in the storage area to refine its video quality."

"In terms of Codecs, the Cell has the power to easily transcode high quality [pictures and audio] in real-time, so [file] formats won't really be too important," added Kutaragi

Ovo za up-convert sam chuo na vishe mesta, i kazu da je to do sada bilo nemoguce samo zbog presporih procesora pa se nije isplatilo "chekanje", poshto ce za to i na Cellu biti potrebno mnogo vremena....A ovo drugo za real-time konverziju je mnogo jaka fora, oni su stvarno ozbiljni shto se tiche non-gaming dodataka na konzoli i ako ispune ovo shto prichaju (i ko zna shta josh ubace do launcha), ima da razbije novog xboxa u onome gde je stari vodio na trzishtu...

It aint about power dude! It\'s all about balance (Keiichi Tsuchiya)
Balance means EVERYTHING in a race (Naoki Hattori)
driver
EmuGlx Legend

[*] posted on 25.5.2005 at 00:55

http://biz.gamedaily.com/features.asp?article_id=9665

ahahahaha :)

Bash me interesuje shta bi fanboyevi sa xbox foruma rekli na ovo ;)

Kraken
Super Moderator

[*] posted on 25.5.2005 at 12:12

He, he, toliko o halo 3 koji ce izaci kada i ps3 (valjda su skapirali da ce to vise da skodi halo-u nego ps3 :)
http://megagames.com/news/html/console/gatestoldoffoverhalo3leak.sh...
Kada se procita clanak postaje jasnije zasto je Aleksandar Serofijan (jedan od osnivaca Bandzija) napustio firmu.
A nije lose ni ov sto je Tim Svini iz EPIC-a rekao na E3 (http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?p=1818720#post1818720):
"Freeman: Okay, one more question: R520 or G70?*
Sweeney: [laughs] Oh, G70 for sure."

I evo linka na IBM-ovu pricu o CELL-u :
http://www.eetimes.com/news/latest/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=1631...
driver
EmuGlx Legend

[*] posted on 25.5.2005 at 23:50

"Unreal Engine 3 set to form part of the Middleware and development package for PS3...

Epic has announced that its cutting edge toolset Unreal Engine 3 is to be offered as part of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.’s development package for PlayStation3. The deal means that the engine, which is currently being used to develop Gears of War on Xbox 360, is set to feature in the development of games for two of the three next-generation consoles as well as next-gen PCs."

http://www.totalvideogames.com/pages/articles/index.php?article_id=...

Kraken
Super Moderator

[*] posted on 26.5.2005 at 00:02

A i havoc je u pripremi. Izgleda da ce krenuti poplava fps-ova pa ko voli moze da uziva :)
driver
EmuGlx Legend

[*] posted on 26.5.2005 at 00:53

Lud tekst :)

http://www.pointlesswasteoftime.com/games/manifesto.html

DieH@rd
Administrator

Mood: Proud member of "Glorious PC gaming Master Race".

[*] posted on 26.5.2005 at 14:45

ma koliko ja vidim PS3 ce da rula...
a xbox360 ce biti skoro jednako uspeshan...

sta god da se desi, nama je bolje... :D

"There is but one path. We kill them all."
- Spartacus

"And when you show yourself to the world, it will be a different age than ours, Clark. A silver age of heroism, that will start when they look up into the sky at you with hope for tomorrow. You will help everyone to embrace it."
-Prophecy of Dr.Fate, Smallville S9

"It is Microsoft. And I will kill them."
- Sony Computer Entertainment President and CEO Ken Kutaragi, asked in 1994 who he thought the biggest competition would be for his upcoming PlayStation game console.
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
forsaken demon
Supper Administrator

Mood: What a horrible life to have a curse

[*] posted on 26.5.2005 at 14:52

'oće, ali verovatno samo po pitanju hardvera. Nema šanse po pitanju igara.

'Fighting evil, so you don't have to!'

"What are you dense? Are you RETARDED or something? Who the hell do you THINK I am?
I'm the goddamn Batman." - Batman Ultimate thread
Kraken
Super Moderator

[*] posted on 26.5.2005 at 18:46

Quote:
Originally posted by [forsaken demon]
'oće, ali verovatno samo po pitanju hardvera. Nema šanse po pitanju igara.

Generalno ps3 ima vise opcija ali to nije toliko prelomno, takodje GPU je manje vise slican kao i memorija(xdr ne cini toliku razliku u aplikacijama)( ali ono sto ih hardverski razlikuje je procesor. Ako je cell ono sto se tvrdi da jeste i ako su one animacije sa E3 stvarno pravljene sa cell-om bez GPU-a onda ce razlika izmedju xbvox-a i ps3 biti vise nego ocigledna. Mada na TGS-u ce sve biti jasno jer tada ocekujem igrive demoe i za jednu i za drugu konzolu.
Kraken
Super Moderator

[*] posted on 27.5.2005 at 11:18

Na IGN-u su predstavljene sve igre do sada najavljene za ps3 (njih 30-tak) na 8 strana:
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/618/618430p1.html
DieH@rd
Administrator

Mood: Proud member of "Glorious PC gaming Master Race".

[*] posted on 27.5.2005 at 13:20

ma svaka igra valja, posebno me ineresuju one igre za koje ce biti potrebna kamera...

ooo, najavljen je i Omikron 2 :D samo da ponovo stave Bowie-vu muziku u igru...

"There is but one path. We kill them all."
- Spartacus

"And when you show yourself to the world, it will be a different age than ours, Clark. A silver age of heroism, that will start when they look up into the sky at you with hope for tomorrow. You will help everyone to embrace it."
-Prophecy of Dr.Fate, Smallville S9

"It is Microsoft. And I will kill them."
- Sony Computer Entertainment President and CEO Ken Kutaragi, asked in 1994 who he thought the biggest competition would be for his upcoming PlayStation game console.
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
Kraken
Super Moderator

[*] posted on 27.5.2005 at 15:05

Posle duck demo-a mislim da ce eye-toy dobiti potpuno novu dimenziju. I ova najavljena eyedentify (ili kako se vec zove) mi deluje da ima izuzetan nivo interakcije.
A sto se Omikrona tice, igra je bila izuzetna i neopravdano je prosla tako nezapazeno :(
Kraken
Super Moderator

[*] posted on 1.6.2005 at 14:51

Evo dela iz Kutaragijevog intervjua koji interesantno govori o nacinu povracaja novca investiranog u ps3 kroz lcd ekrane i blue ray diskove:

AS: What do you think of the competitors' machines? Will Sony continue to dominate the gaming market?

Ken Kutaragi: Microsoft is trailing behind us, but they are not a threat. They are good at improving [on products], but we will be advancing to the next level with revolutionary technology. Beating us for a short moment is like accidentally winning a point from a Shihan (Karate master), and Microsoft is still not a black belt. Just like with their operating systems, they might come out with something good around the third generation of their release.

It isn't a bad thing to have a high price. When we released the original PlayStation at 39,800 yen ($368), Nintendo's Super Famicom was in the 10,000 yen range ($100 range). Still, everyone went for the PlayStation. This time, ours [the PS3] will be like a BMW that's equipped with a Ferrari engine. Nintendo's [Revolution] will be something like a new model of a family car. Some people might want it, but if it was me, I'd want to advance to the next level.

AS: Why is Sony's next-generation console adopting a next-generation disc format?

KK: The current DVD [format] had a slow growth during its first three years of release, but it dramatically penetrated [through the market] after the release of the PS2, and its software prices had gone down. By using Blue-ray in the PS3, we hope to boost the amount of available [Blu-ray] software and sales of high-definition TV sets. With enough product [in the market], the Blu-ray will be one step closer to becoming the standard [next-generation] format.

I evo razgovora sa Kojimom :
http://ps2.boomtown.net/en_uk/articles/art.view.php?id=8293

gde Kojima ukratko poredi konzole i stavlja PS3 kao najbolju ali i najskuplju za razvoj, XBOX360 u sredinu dok nintendo-a kao najlakseg za razvoj. Ako se ima u vidu da troskovi razvoja igara polako dostizu cenu holivudkih spetakala ima logike u ovome sto kaze.Kako sony drzi najvece fransize u svojim rukama nije ni cudo sto gura "okostavanje" igara gde je za razvoj novog serijala potrebno nekoliko desetina miliona dolara-sto za razvoj sto za marketing. Doduse open GL izgleda optimisticno po pitanju snizavanja troskova razvoja igara.
Al deluje mi da nije slucajan spiderman logo na ps3 i datum izlaska Sp.3 koji se skoro poklapa sa izlaskom PS3. Ako se to iskombinuje sa onim demoom sa E3 gde spiderman leti preko GT automobila pitanje je da li ce sony poceti da pravi neki vid interaktivnih filmova i da koristi delove materijala spremljenih za filmove sto bi im znacajno snizilo cene razvoja igara. Nisu valjda dzaba dali tolike pare za filmske studije :)

Ipak na kraju deluje da je za next-gen konzole stvarno rano i da MS pokusava da isforsira izdavace prerano. Evo i misljenja Yuji Naka iz majskog EGM-a:
Are you excited about the next-gen consoles debuting this year?

I think it's too early. The PS2 and Gamecube are still both very good platforms. Personally, I don't want the next generation to come out this early, because they will be difficult and expensive to develop for. Seriously, it might take three times the effort to make one game. With next-generation platforms, players will expect games to look as good as CG - it will be very difficult...

If fans of a franchise have to wait three years for the next game, that will be a shock to them. People who like games want to play them more often these days. Like Hife-life 2 - it took five years to come out! What's next? Will gamers be willing to wait 15 years for a game? (laughs) The father will start programming the game, (and) he'll have to pass it on to his son to finish it after he dies. On PC now, there aren't a lot of games being released like (there) used to be. I think the same things will happen to consoles : It'll take a lot of time to develop a top-quality game.

I koga zanima-MAYA ce biti kompatibilna sa igrama za ps3:http://www.alias.com/glb/eng/press/press_release_details.jsp?itemId=1900001

I evo vesti sa ign-a o HD-u i dzojpedu:
Sony Undecided on Hard Disk
Head of technology unsure if hard disk will be included as standard.
by IGN Staff

June 1, 2005 - Sony has been somewhat vague on the inclusion of a hard disk with the PlayStation 3. The system's specifications reveal a slot for a detachable hard disk unit, but there's still not been any talk of a hard disk being included with the system from the start.

It seems that we're going to have to wait for confirmation. In an interview featured in the latest issue of Famitsu, Sony Computer Entertainment chief technical officer Masayuki Chatani, when asked if a hard disk will be included with the system from the start, replies "It has yet to be decided."

Chatani also reveals Sony's reasoning for going with a removable hard disk setup. The company believes that people will want to both upgrade to higher capacity drives in the future and carry their hard disks with them to attach to other PS3 units.

Moving away from the hard disk, Chatani is asked to comment a little on the system's controversial controller. "I don't think there will be any fundamental changes," he answers in response to a question on the possibility of changes to the controller's design, "but it's a prototype, so there could be some small adjustments."

Chatani also gives some hints into PS3 network gaming. Internet-based communication functionality will be a big part of the PS3, Chatani reveals. He belives it important to come up with communication tools for all ages.

Finally, those looking forward to more news on the PS3 should turn to the PSP for an estimated schedule. Sony debuted the portable system at E3, shared first fully playable games at the Tokyo Game Show, then launched in Japan on 12/12. Chatani reveals that the PS3 is set for Japanese release in Spring, so we can expect, to a certain level, a similar flow. This seems to suggest playable PS3 units at the September Tokyo Game Show.

And we can, hopefully, expect confirmation on the inclusion of a hard drive by around the same time.

[Edited on 1-6-2005 by Kraken]
 Pages:  1  2    4  ..  489

Go To Top